Friday, May 22, 2009

No More Aunt Jemima!

Finally ran out of the pancake mix I had had since the beginning of the semester. I am doing very well in my mission on clean out my enormous food supply by the end of the quarter. I prefer pancakes from scratch. They taste totally different and are not much more difficult to make.
I use the Joy of Cooking recipe and add a whole bunch of wheat germ. These pancakes are with raisins. They turned out really well. I freeze about 3/4 of the batch after they cool and have pancakes for the whole week. You just take a couple out and pop them in the toaster oven in the morning. Mmm. These and coffee is what I think about when I have to get myself up early for an 8 o'clock class.

My roommates have 3 totally black bananas lying around. They said they don't want them. Ever since I saw that they got bananas I've been eyeing them. I knew they would lay around until they turned black. Do you know what that means? I'm finally trying this AWESOME carrot cake recipe next week!

Off to CS discussion.

4 comments :

  1. Ugh. Yes. I knew something was off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ты не поехала на сёрфинг?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Мне казалось, ты всегда любила ржаной хлеб.
    Мама

    ReplyDelete