Mama and Grandma Make Blini

I just love these things. They don't taste like crepes. I keep thinking I make blini when I'm in the US. Nope! I make crepes. These are different.

The ingredients are simple, but it's never the same when I make it. Maybe it's because I don't use full fat milk, maybe the milk isn't spoiled enough, maybe it's that I don't have the same sour cream to eat it with. I don't know.

1 egg
salt and sugar to taste
.5 liter of spoiled milk or kefir
1 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

I love, love, love, love, love the sour cream here. It's the dollop on the right. It is soooo thick and creamy. I'm sure such sour cream exists in the US, I just don't know where to find it.

Yum. I am going to miss breakfasts here.

Comments

  1. The mornings that you get to eat sour cream, you really do rave about it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment