Knish

Hey, there!
IMG_0718

I made a traditional potato knish a few weeks ago. I finally got around to making a gif out of it! It looks neat.



I followed this recipe from Joe Pastry. He is awesome!

And this is what the end result looked like:
IMG_1848

Mine turned out a lot different from Joe's, but that's probably because I decided to test my baking powder AFTER I made the dough, and it definitely was not very active. Poodle. You're supposed to get a new can of baking powder every 6 months! HA! Who knew?

It did not stop the knish from being awesome though!

P.S. You didn't honestly think I'd let a blog post go without a picture of a cat, did you?
Moos is lurking in the background

Sweet tunes: POLIÇA – Wandering Star

Comments

  1. Looks delicious and a little Russian :) Thanks for the tip about the baking powder. I had no idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Random question- what do you use to create your GIFs? I've used GIFfun but was wondering if there is something better out there. The knish looks yummy by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dude. I used to use Photoshop (Image Ready), but my old-ass version is not working on Lion (Mac OS). So, I tried like 20 million GIF makers and they all were soooo frustrating. (It made me want to write my own GIF-making app.) Today during lunch I made my final attempt with some online tools. After 20 minutes I almost gave up, but then I stumbled upon http://gifninja.com/ That was, by far, the best one I've used.

      Delete
    2. Wow, Gifninja is great. I especially like the ability to crank the speed up to seizure mode. Thanks :)

      Delete

Post a Comment