Happy Birthday, Vova!

mama holding out a lizard for vova to torture

love this photo because a) it's with my grandpa; b) vova looks vaguely presidential.

Vova dislikes his birthday almost as much as I do, and yet time could care less. It's that day of the year again.

Nevertheless, today is special to me. I wish I lived closer so I could bake something delicious, and come over to grill some meat and do a sort of a yearly stand-up (how far we've come, where we are now, where we're heading, and what are our blockers).

Vova and I have had our share of obstacles in life. He is my only brother, and my heart will always hurt when his does. And if I were with him today, I would remind him that no matter how tall the order seems (a pretty tiny girl, in this case :), we've never laid down without a fight. 

This is just the beginning of something great.

Comments

  1. Olga, thank you so much for being there for me when it matters. Amazingly, nobody has been able to break my fall in these last few days like you have. Although I'm older, you're far more polished and mature when it comes to probably the toughest challenge I've ever faced. I hardly deserve a wonderful sister like you.

    I will continue to fight for the tiny girl I love, and when it seems like all is lost, your words will help me through the rough times. I don't really have anything else to say… weeping quietly is all I got. I can't wait to hug you in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment