Mindful

photo via soliroma

Tonight I'm taking a ballet class with a friend. (I am so so happy to finally have a ballet buddy again.) I've been getting back in ballet shape with ankle weights and pilates at home. During class I'll be keeping in mind this spot-on advice:
"Focus: Practice concentrating on a skill, a technical moment, an artistic line or a detailed body placement. You must learn to engage your brain as you dance. Some dancers don't even realize they have very little active signals being sent to their limbs, head, standing leg, core. [...] Have extreme focus and apply your mind." -ballet foundation
It is so easy to coast off muscle memory for combinations, fumble through the transitions, only pay attention to the working leg. I'm going to make a conscious effort to be mindful of the little things tonight.

Sore everything, here I come!

Comments

Post a Comment