Orange You a Raisin

I made cookies last night. They were supposed to be Orange-Cranberry, but since I didn't have cranberries I used raisins. Works for me. I like raisins better anyway. Here is the dough.

Ingredients:
1.5 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
1/2 cup of butter (softened)
1 cup of packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of orange zest (or MORE)
1/2 cup of cranberries

Directions:
1. Mix together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
2. Put butter and sugar in the food processor and pulse until combined (20 seconds).
3. Add the eggs and orange zest and pulse until combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients and pulse JUST until combined.
5. Fold in cranberries by hand.
6. Drop spoonfuls of the batter on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. You can cool them on a rack if you want, but most importantly stuff your face with as many as you can.

(I think this is right. I'm typing this from memory.)

(This apparently is the post of idiotic picture faces. Golly!) I just got back from ultimate and literally ate 6 cookies typing this up.

In other ultimate related news, I had a good time at the Oxy scrimmage last weekend. Some of those girls were super good. We lost, but we were also playing the A team. I went to the doctor for my knee and she said I had Iliotibial Band Syndrome. She gave me 3 pages of exercises to do and also referred me to sports medicine. Today at practice we learned Trap Zone defense. I got to be the trap once which is fun because you get to yell "TRAAAAAP" really loud.

Comments

  1. Man, all your cooking entries make me want to, you know, eat something other than canned beans and microwaved potatoes everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds better than Irritable Bowel Syndrome, at least!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment