Gardens of the World

IMG_2763

One of my favorite things about living in Thousand Oaks is the abundance of parks here (second only to the proximity to a j.crew store). There are 4 parks and a botanical garden just running distance away from my apartment. And if I'm willing to drive during the weekend, I'm only a couple of freeway exits from the Gardens of the World.


IMG_2766IMG_2759

IMG_2666IMG_2648

The gardens are just beautiful. Every time I go I ask myself why I don't go every weekend. The admission is free, it's small but not crowded at all, and it's privately owned by a T.O. business owner. How awesome?! I would love to be able to provide something like that for my city one day.

pet dragonfly
Spotted: a dragonfly!

There is an Italian Garden, a French Garden, a Mission Courtyard (with citrus trees!), a Japanese Garden, and a Rose Garden. I usually pack a lunch to eat in the rose garden on one of the benches in the shade. But this time I took my camera and practiced taking photos! I love how some of them turned out.

IMG_2729

There are two fountains: one in the Italian garden, and a grandiose one in the French garden. Both are fantastic, I love hearing the rushing water.

IMG_2770

The gardens are full of butterflies, birds, and bees. I try not to mind the bees too much. I used to be deathly afraid of bees, but I really have gotten better since I started coming here. The songbirds are awesome. I'm really terrible at telling what kind of bird I'm seeing/hearing. I tried to educate myself. I even got a bird clock - yes! I love it, and I can tell what time it is by hearing the chirp. But I still can't, for the life of me, remember what kind of bird makes that sound.

Comments

  1. Olga, we noticed on the Internet your splendid story and outstanding photographs on the Gardens of the World in Thousand Oaks. We are very pleased that you enjoy and appreciate the Gardens. This serene oasis is an expression of our love of travel and the beauty in the world around us that we wanted to share with all visitors to our community. Thank you for your kind words. You seem to be an individual with high standards and expectations. Keep up your studies and you will reach your goals. Best regards, Ed Hogan, chairman Hogan Family Foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you may know, I am completely in love with flowers and gardens. These pictures are beautiful. Maybe I'll head out to the botanical garden here in Oslo next week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment