Yesterday was mama's first anniversary of living in the US!
Even though I remember quite well how I felt one year in, it's safe to say she and I have had a very different experience. It certainly wasn't an easy first year for me, but her struggles are tough in ways I probably will never fully understand. She is amazing. I am so proud of her.
Mama's 1st year in numbers:
- we shared a one-bedroom apartment (and a queen-sized bed) for 341 days
- 3 tries to pass her drivers' test
- almost no English --> first job (as a sales associate!): 6 months
- 4 backpacking trips + a 2 week vacation of having 0 worries about cats
- watched 4 seasons of Modern Family
- roughly 350 hours of back-scratching