The Thing That Made My Week


My brother and I were raised on pretty much exclusively Beatles, Queen, and Pink Floyd. We knew all the vocal sounds without knowing what they meant. It's kind of a special experience listening to this music now, and finally realizing the meaning of these songs that I've been singing before I knew a lick of English. :)

A few weeks ago Vova and I had a little jam sesh. (I posted about it here.) I had just watched Pink Floyd - The Wall, and was suddenly obsessed with the album. I learned how to play The Thin Ice, and Nobody Home on my guitar, and Vova quickly picked it up on the piano while he was visiting. It was so much fun that we decided we'd do a cover.

It sounds like a simple enough project. But given that we're siblings and butt heads on everything, it took us four long weeks. Vova finally put it all together a few days ago.

We threw in a little surprise also...


Yep. We dusted off some cool juggling footage we haven't used. So, there's that.



This video is the thing that has made my week. You know, we all need somebody with whom we share history. Otherwise, how do you even know it happened? :) 

My brother and I have shared a lot of unique experiences. (As I'm sure is the case with all siblings.) love knowing there's somebody who just gets it. I don't need to explain why I'm laughing, or crying, or both. This video reminds me that I'm not alone in this.

I hope you liked our little project. Have lovely weekend! xoxoooo

P.S. The alternate title for this was Bokeh FTW. :)
P.P.S. I might never forgive Vova for trashing my guitar part. (Granted, I'm terrible at guitar.)

Comments

  1. That's lovely. I was surprised to see your mama in those profile shots in the car. Oh that's you, Olga. :P And it's hard to believe Vova and you "butt heads" -- look how considerately he listens to you!

    You guys did a great job. Make sure the guitar parts are on the dvd extras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo excellent!! I cant believe you did all of this yourselves!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment