Eating Alone

Pretty

A while ago, Joanna ran this short series where people wrote about what they eat when eating dinner alone. Since mama moved in with me, I don't get to have dinner alone anymore (not that I was a huge fan before). But I still think you can learn a lot about yourself by trying it out.

Without the expectation of feeding anyone else, you get to ask yourself what it is that you want. Maybe you cook up an elaborate meal. Or maybe you don't want to spend any time in the kitchen at all and get takeout. (Gasp. The horror. :) Either way, I think it's a good idea to check in with yourself every once in a while.

This past weekend I learned that, given the opportunity (and no eggs in the fridge), I will literally subsist on expensive cheese and apples. Derp.

my in-the-kitchen-alone jam: soundcloud | spotify | youtube | itunes

P.S. I did get tired of avoiding the kitchen toward the end of the weekend, and broke down to make chocolate babka. So, I don't hate cooking, I swear.

Comments