Big Sur Backpacking

photo by alex

Deja vu, anyone?

Alex and I kind of procrastinated making Valentine's Day plans. So, for lack of better ideas, and despite supposed trail closures, we headed out to Big Sur to hike to Sykes Hot Springs. I didn't have a great experience there before, so I was only cautiously optimistic.

It turned out to be the most fun backpacking trip I had ever been on. The weather was amazing. It was still crowded, but for a holiday weekend and one of the most popular backpacking destinations, it wasn't bad at all. Since Alex and I have been training for a half-marathon, we totally killed it on the trail. He and I passed a ton of people, and scored pretty sweet camping spots both nights.

You can find the photos I took here. We also made a video, if you'd like to see:

Comments