Backpacking Trip: Sykes Springs

photo by Forrest

Remember I went on a backpacking trip to celebrate becoming an American citizen? I never posted photos from that adventure, because, well, I was kind of bummed about how it turned out.

I had the genius idea of going to one of the most popular backpacking destinations on Memorial Day weekend. Let me tell you, I wasn't the only one. Of course, the scenery was beautiful, the air was  clean, perfect weather, but so.many.people!

By the time we got to Terrace Creek camp, there was only one camp spot left. We set up there, made a fire (we made a fire! soooo cool!), had dinner, and went to sleep. When we woke up there were twice as many people around and more coming.

I didn't sleep very well that night because a) people were walking around our campsite, and shining headlamps in our faces all night; b) I needed to get up to go pee but couldn't due to a. That, combined with the fact that my brother was whining up a storm, we decided to head back having never made it to the hot springs. :(

Photos after the jump...
IMG_7616
IMG_7633almost back to the trailhead
photo by Forresthitting the trail

Aaaaand an embarrassing photo of me sleeping on our way back. Proof that I didn't sleep the night before.

Comments