Day 2 | mile 15 - 30

Packed up and hiked out at 6:30. After hiking a few minutes I realized I forgot to tie my shoes. Hiking with my wind pants and rain jacket and felt amazing. The views coming out of Hauser Creek were spectacular. We decided to not have breakfast and hike to the Malt Shop in Lake Morena.

Once we rolled into Lake Morena we got our first trail magic! Turns out it was the PCT kickoff. We ate clementines, bagels, and cookies. All these older hikers were telling us some stories and I totally lied about carrying paper maps because I didn’t want to argue about the place of technology on long trails.
We filled up on Gatorade and walked to the malt shop. I washed my face and Selby got a burger. We split the burger and fries. The place had WiFi. We just sat catching up on instagram and posting for a while. Talked some more with Natalia (a woman we met last night). She has the same quilt, tent, and sunglasses as me. Except I just lost my sunglasses. :(
We got back on the trail around 10:45. It was sandy and hot. Met the first dog of the trail! She was really cute.
Hiked to boulder oaks and took another break. Then hiked the rest of the way to kitchen creek. It was warm and the sun was out. It’s nice to have some daylight at camp. Especially with Selby. She has been amazing.
We did some laundry, soaked our feet and cleaned our toenails. Then ate 3 dinners: ramen, potatoes, and freeze dried lasagna.
It took me forever to set up the tent here because it kind of sandy/rocky and windy. Winning combination.
Going to sleep now (7:43) to the sound of frogs and the full moon blasting us in the face. Crossing my fingers the tent doesn’t fall on us tonight!

Comments

Post a Comment