Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I usually make oatmeal raisin cookies when I get a cookie craving. I've gotten the oatmeal-cookie-making time from thought "I should make cookies" to standing next to the oven impatiently down to 13 minutes 49 seconds. No joke. I regularly time it and try to beat my best time. But this time I decided to go with chocolate chip cookies.

IMG_2021

I loosely followed this recipe from Cup of Jo. It suggested you roll the cookie dough into a log and refrigerate it for an hour. But let's be honest, who has that kind of time when you've got a cookie craving to satisfy? I skipped all the fancy gluten-free flours and the muscovado sugar (whatever that is) in favor of regular flour and brown sugar. But I really liked the fleur de sel in the dough and on top addition.

IMG_2025

A right out of the oven cookie topped with fleur de sel and coffee ice cream. Mmm. It was perfectly chewy, not too sweet and just the right amount of salty.

1 comment :

  1. These just look so perfect! Just the way cookies should be! I need to try out this recipe one day.

    ReplyDelete