Pantone Color of the Year: Emerald


Pantone came out with their color of the year for 2013. It's Emerald 17-5641. Are you super excited? 

Personally, I like green. It's the color of (American) money, grass, mint chocolate chip ice cream (although they just dye it green - lame), tree leaves, Keira Knightley's dress in Atonement, my cat's eyes, Hawaii landscapes, and all things good. I'm not really sure how Pantone picks their "color of the year", but I quite like the tradition. It challenges me to wear more of one specific color, if only for the first few weeks of the new year. 

It's also how I justify wearing bright colors in case anyone at work tries to make fun of me. "It's the Pantone Color of the Year, you unfashionable doofus" usually gets them off my case. 

PS. My favorite green-ish shirt (from here).

Comments