Day 86 | mile 1884.1 - 1907.9 | 23.8 miles


Woke up at 5:30. I was really tired and wanted to go back to sleep. But the sky was beautiful and was begging for a photo to be taken. Skeetos were waiting for me on the mesh of my tent.



Mashed potatoes with a spicy meat stick for breakfast. Finally started hiking at 6:35. It was cold even with my wind pants on. My hands were frozen.



Hiked down to Summit Lake. There were some day hikers with dogs there. It looked very swimmable, but I was meeting Forrest at 2.

Finished The Better Angels of Our Nature. What an amazing book. I’m so glad Jackie let me borrow it. Thank you!



Listened to How I Built This about Larabar and Stitch Fix. Found a banana on the trail. Ate it.



Met Forrest at 2. He had hiked half a mile in and delivered boba! It was nice and cold and very almond-y. Thank you, Forrest! I can’t get used to this, I’m back on my own starting tomorrow.

We drove to the motel in Oakridge. I washed all the dirt, DEET, mosquito bodies, and blood off myself and felt like a new person. (That was only 1.5 days. The skeetos are brutal.) Started laundry. I took a nap.



Drove to Eugene for dinner. Forrest and I shared a bacchanal sushi omakase. I was in heaven.





Stopped at Dollar General on the way back. New smart water bottles, knock-off fruit snacks, Twinkie ice cream (this store exclusively carried weird flavors).

I’m so tired. And very itchy. The backs of my legs, neck, and temples are all bitten up.

Comments