My Summer Reading!

I have been waiting to write this post for over a month now. Ever since we got into 7-8th week of the quarter I've been drooling over these books. Without further ado

1) It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken by Greg Behrendt & Amiira Ruotola-Behrendt
Ah. Good book. I borrowed it from the library. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure, I'm not sure I want that sitting in my bookcase and I hope I never need a "breakup buddy" again. Reads like a dream, I actually laughed out loud while reading it by myself. It is full of awesome advice, or mainly just different forms of "Move on and get a life." It started to get repetitive and slow 1/2 way through. I just skimmed those parts. I wouldn't recommend it for a fresh breakup. I am 4 months into it and this book was just what the doctor prescribed.

2) Anthem by Ayn Rand
I am almost finished with this one. I didn't expect to like this but it was good. Also really nice, short and to the point. Well done, Ayn.

3) The Voice of Reason by Ayn Rand
This is a collection of essays that I'm sure will be nice to read. I strategically got this book for Father's Day for Barry. I am going to have to borrow it a few days from now.

4) The Virtue of Selfishness by Ayn Rand
This is one that V-rock recommended. I read one of the essays from this book a few weeks ago for Logic club. It was not an easy read. I had to re-read a few of those sentences to understand what she means. Not something I could be absorbed in when riding in a car full of people carrying on a conversation. I'm hoping books 3 and 4 will answer some of my burning questions about objectivism.

5) The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
Mmm. I don't know if I'll have time for this one. I should. Every Barbara Kingsolver book is a delicious, delicious treat. I read this one just about 3(!) years ago. I absolutely loved it. I am really curious to re-read at least Bean Trees now and see how I feel about it.

That's all. Let me know if there is anything else I should read. Any good beach reads?

Comments